Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Honors Project- Kiersten

Being in my final semester at UCM, I was required to complete an honors project. Now there really weren't any specifics on the project. I just had to come up with and idea of what I wanted to do, get it approved, find a faculty mentor, and get to work. Since I don't work with kids as often as seniors or weddings/couples, I thought it would be fun to incorporate kids into the project and yet put a spin on traditional children's portraits.

With that idea in mind I set myself upon the task of creating a photo book of children, "Breaking the Rules." I thought it would be a fun way to get more photojournalistic images of children doing something that they would actually enjoy doing. So I started the project off with my niece, Kiersten. The rule she was breaking was: playing with mom's things.



Isn't she beautiful! Not a bad makeup job considering she did it herself!










I love this little girl, and I love how her personality shines through in these images! This shoot was a great way to start off my project. I hope you enjoy!!!!!!!!!

No comments: