Monday, July 12, 2010

Ashley+Travis- Columbia, MO Wedding Photography

I was so excited for this day to come. Ashley and Travis are such a great couple I knew their wedding would be a blast to shoot. They sooooo did not disappoint. Ashley put so much time into the details not to mention looking absolutely stunning. And Travis didn't look to bad himself. They both bared the heat with me and we got some truly AMAZING images. Okay I'll stop babbling...just take a look for yourself.

Maid of honor and sister of the bride, Kassi, finished getting ready at the hotel by printing off her speech for the reception!

And then I found Ashley in a room by herself writing in her card for Travis! So sweet!

This fun shoe shot was caught by my second shooter Aubrey. You all know I'm obsessed with shoes! I think this pair has been one of my favorites so far.

Aren't they cute?


The wind blew her veil right over her face. I was there to capture the action. It gave us all a little bit of a laugh.





Stunning....there's just no other way to describe it!



This pose was inspired by the infamous Marilyn Monroe! Love it!

Aubrey had my fish eye lens for the ceremony. It's one of my favorite ways to capture the ceremony. You can truly get a view and feel of the whole sha-bang. Love it Aubrey!

They used confetti poppers for their exit, which I loved. I think it's great when you can come up with something unique and different from what everyone else does! That combined with the fact that July 4th was only a week away and it just totally fits!


The stained glass windows in the church were just beautiful. I had to conduct a quick photo session in front of them, and then.... we went outside....



This is what is great about having second shooters at your wedding. They can pick up great shots like this!

This tree was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! It worked perfectly with my vision.





You just can't get better light then this! A tip for future couples. Talk to your photographer about the best time of day to take pictures before planning your ceremony and reception times. To get greatly lit images it's more important to plan the ceremony/reception around your pictures not the other way around.

Now off to the reception...





What a wonderful day and what a wonderful couple. I've spent a year waiting for this day to come and was oh so oh so excited that Ashley and Travis picked me to be a part of their day. Congratulations guys!!!

The full gallery will be up @ courtneytompson.zenfolio.com

No comments: