Wednesday, September 22, 2010

San Francisco

So for those of you out there that don't know, I graduated with my photography degree from the University of Central Missouri in the Spring. So instead of money for a new car, or a laptop, or I don't know anything else normal people ask for, for graduation, I asked to go on a trip! Now I don't really know why but I've always wanted to go to San Francisco. Maybe it started when I watched Full house all those many years ago, or all the movies I've seen taken place there, or hearing about the Golden Gate Bridge, combined with the fact that I've never been to Cali or anywhere on the west coast, but I've always wanted to go to San Francisco! So that's where my mom and I went!

Welcome to San Francisco . . .

I was taking a picture of one of the many hills in San Francisco (Yes, the movies don't lie there's tons of hills) and this guy walked in my picture. Thank you guy, you totally made my picture 10x's better!

The bucket man! He was really pretty good, so I made my mom give him money so I could take a picture of him!

That's me trolleyn' it up!

So we saw quite a few homeless people in San Fran. All of them have their own unique ideas about how to ask for money. This guy proceeded to hide behind a fake bush and scare people as they walked by. Yes he got me too! Although maybe he wasn't homeless because I think that might be an amusing thing to do all day. After I got over the initial embarrassment of feeling like an idiot, my mom and I sat and watched him for awhile, he got a couple really good!

Sailboat cruise! I had never been on a sailboat, and let me tell you it was AMAZING!!!




That's me . . . thanks mom!


"No thanks, I'll be good because I prefer my own bed!"



One day we went on a tour to wine country! Super Fun Times!





Lombard Street

Even on vacation I still can't get away from weddings! haha Guess it's a good thing I like them so much!


One of the last morning we were there we went the a restaurant called Home Plate for breakfast. My mom had read about it on a travel blog somewhere. Any who, yeah, um delicious! Some of the best french toast ever, and that's saying something because I'm kind of a french toast connoisseur
Couldn't finish it though. I was so full!

After our wonderful french toast breakfast, my mom and I headed to Muir Woods to see some redwood trees. After being in the city for a few days it was a nice change of pace!

Yeah that's right, I'm in a tree!


So my mom hates driving in the mountains. Quite Frankly I wasn't even sure if we would make it alive to Muir Woods because we rented a car to get there. My mom earlier had mention wanting to see the Pacific but being that she was already pretty much having a heartache getting just to Muir Woods we decided to nix that idea. Well fate did not agree with that! My GPS lady led us right back down the same mountain we had went to get to Muir Woods just on a different road and even further down. Well we found the beach! Not sure if my mom was able to completely enjoy it being that she knew she had to go right back up. However, you can't fight fate!





After the stress of driving was over we made it to Sausalito, a little town that's right across the bay from San Francisco. We just spent an hour or so eating lunch (ice cream for desert), relaxing and enjoying the view.


Well I'm sad to be home! I can never get enough out of my vacations. I like traveling toooooo much! But look at the beauty that greeted us on our way home. Sometimes the midwest knows how to do it right!

No comments: