Friday, June 5, 2009

Berlin!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Berlin!!!! So funny story Annika and I get off the plane in Germany, we look at each other and are like, "hmmm...ok what now." HAHA Well luckily we were able to figure it out. We got some money, talked to some German people who half-hazzardly spoke English and were able to discover what bus/metro combo we needed to take to get to our hostel.

Then we are standing at the ticket machine (probably looking like pathetic confused individuals) and these AMAZING people come up to us and through some confusion on the language barrier they gave us their 7 day metro/bus pass that still had 2 days still left. They were getting ready to leave to get back on the plane and how nice was that?

So anyways the story goes that we were able to find our hostel and everything went well. Now what is a hostel you ask. Well its like a college dorm/hotel (at least that's how I would describe it). The Pegasus Hostel was our first experience and it was really bright, colorful, and fun as you can see below!

Our first dinner in Europe! The pepporoni and soda were just a litle diffrent.

Annika and I got up or first morning and decided to take a free walking tour we found through our hostel. We got an AMAZING guide who was so knowledgeable, and spoke really good English (He was originally from Dublin). One of the places he took us was to the Holocaust memorial. This was one of the most moving memorials I've ever seen. This is just one small perspectivie you would have to see more images to really get an idea of what it looks like but this was my favorite.

Berlin Wall or what is left of it. The story behind this and how it all got started was probably my favorite part of the tour.
Fountain!

And I'm pretty sure Annika is going to hate me for this but I LOVE this pic! HAHA

St. Mary's Cathedral, we just happended to stumble upon on our walk home after the tour.

And this is ME!!!!!!

Annika and I are having a lot of fun. Keep checking back and see where else our travels take us. Oh and again ignore the spelling issues I really don't know how to speak or type in diffrent languages! XOXO

No comments: